Tuesday, February 15, 2011

a handknit valentine


Here's my Valentine for Paul. Knit Picks was sold out of the colors I wanted for the longest time, so the yarn arrived just last week. Not enough time to knit a long garter stitch scarf... That's fine -- this way Paul can pick the length. Lucky for me he wants it to be wearable, not authentic!
---------------------------------------------------
Kylie Cat truly is feeling much better.  Can you spot her in the photo below?
Yep, she's the lump under the down throw. She's back to moderate jumping, and she's getting feisty enough that getting the liquid medicine down her gullet has become quite the struggle!  Kylie's now very sticky, so I'm going to try giving her a sponge bath. I hope to jebus it doesn't come to a full-on bath or (the horror!) shaving her chest and chin.
---------------------------------------------------
on the tube

Bored to Death is slow to start (the first two episodes are almost painful to watch) but quickly becomes pretty awesome. Jason Schwartzman plays a struggling novelist who procrastinates writing by placing an ad on Craigslist as an unlicensed private detective. He's clearly working off knowledge gleaned from old detective novels. Ted Danson is a hoot as his editor ("What's a Subaru?").

10 comments:

kim said...

Oooh, that's sort of making me miss my HBO - it's not just television, you know...

Is there anything better than the promise of a new project all wrapped up and pretty in a basket? I think not.

Glad your baby is on the mend. I know the experience of improperly aimed meds. Ick!

Rue said...

I'm a huge fan of the yarn + pattern sort of knitted gift. I've definitely been known to massage two gifts out of the same project (come to think of it, I'm pretty sure I've pulled this off at least twice).

It's great to hear that Kylie is feeling better. Fingers crossed you can avoid having to give too many baths!

And that show definitely sounds intriguing. I'll have to keep that in mind if I end up getting a few work-free days before the baby decides to make an appearance.

At Home Mommy Knits said...

Great Valentine's gift :)

marycatharine said...

That's going to become a wonderful scarf. Kylie's hiding place looks comfy, good luck with the bath.

Jen S. said...

What a great v-day idea! I love the pairing project materials with a pattern as gifts - both to receive and to give!

Anonymous said...

Excellent! I hope the scarf turns out to your liking. Did you use the doctorwhoscarf.com instructions? I made a ten-foot (not full length, but still pretty dang long) 4th Doctor scarf myself, and I found the yarn recommendations to almost an exact match for color. Can't wait to see a photo of the end result!

Chris said...

And it's wonderful he doesn't want the scarf to be authentic! :D

Katie M. said...

Nice Valentine! Scarf for him ... garter stitch for you: perfect! Glad the kitty is better, if stickier. And I certainly hope you didn't have to go nuclear and shave her. Uck.

Also: I think I just might have to start watching that show.

Sharon said...

I didn't realize that the new season of Bored to Death has started - thanks for the tip.

nicole said...

Bored to Death is one of my favourite shows!

Happy to hear the kitters is feeling better. Stay warm everyone.