Friday, April 09, 2010

PSAs


diamond afghan

Here's a sampling of what's in Amy Butler's new book, Midwest Modern Knits! The home dec items appeal to me much more than the garments.

blossom pillow (large)
--------------------------------------------
Amy Herzog over at stash, knit, repeat has just started a series of tutorial posts called "Fit to Flatter," a guide to knitting items that flatter your shape. Her first tutorial has already prompted me to rethink how I go about selecting sweater patterns. Deep V-necks, scoop necks, and square necks are very flattering on me, and many of my store-bought sweaters and tops feature them. Why don't I ever choose knitting patterns along those lines? Seems like a no-brainer!

As a result, these patterns have been moved to the top of my sweater-knitting queue:
- Buttercup
- Vesper
- Mondo Cable Pulli

7 comments:

Chris said...

Oh, I like that afghan.

Buster said...

I adored the buttercup sweater. It's a great pattern and very adaptable. Excellent choice!

And that afghan is BEAUTIFUL!

yahaira said...

I saw those this morning. I love the feel of the book, but the sweaters just wouldn't work on me I think. I do LOVE the blankets and that cool/hood!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
knitseashore said...

Thank you for posting about the Amy Butler book. I didn't know about it and will check it out!

I just stumbled over the other Amy's blog and am looking forward to reading more of the fit posts. Some things I know but others are new to me, and a sweater project is too big a commitment to pick something you won't end up wearing later. I hope you enjoy your new projects!!

La Cabeza Grande said...

Oh, I really like the pillows and the Sunday Wrap! I think that would look terrific on me. Thanks for the preview.