mod bkgd

Friday, April 09, 2010


diamond afghan

Here's a sampling of what's in Amy Butler's new book, Midwest Modern Knits! The home dec items appeal to me much more than the garments.

blossom pillow (large)
Amy Herzog over at stash, knit, repeat has just started a series of tutorial posts called "Fit to Flatter," a guide to knitting items that flatter your shape. Her first tutorial has already prompted me to rethink how I go about selecting sweater patterns. Deep V-necks, scoop necks, and square necks are very flattering on me, and many of my store-bought sweaters and tops feature them. Why don't I ever choose knitting patterns along those lines? Seems like a no-brainer!

As a result, these patterns have been moved to the top of my sweater-knitting queue:
- Buttercup
- Vesper
- Mondo Cable Pulli


Chris said...

Oh, I like that afghan.

Buster said...

I adored the buttercup sweater. It's a great pattern and very adaptable. Excellent choice!

And that afghan is BEAUTIFUL!

yahaira said...

I saw those this morning. I love the feel of the book, but the sweaters just wouldn't work on me I think. I do LOVE the blankets and that cool/hood!

tagskie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
WilburC_Custis said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
knitseashore said...

Thank you for posting about the Amy Butler book. I didn't know about it and will check it out!

I just stumbled over the other Amy's blog and am looking forward to reading more of the fit posts. Some things I know but others are new to me, and a sweater project is too big a commitment to pick something you won't end up wearing later. I hope you enjoy your new projects!!

La Cabeza Grande said...

Oh, I really like the pillows and the Sunday Wrap! I think that would look terrific on me. Thanks for the preview.