Saturday, August 22, 2009

star-spotting at the Green City Market

We ran into Rachael Ray (and her filming crew) at the Green City Market at Lincoln Park this morning! I picked up veggies for carrot coriander soup and a Parmesan tomato tart. Yum!
-------------------------------------------
I tried a new brownie recipe -- Emily Martin's favourite brownies, from (Inside A Black Apple).
Very sweet! You can really taste the brown sugar, which is nice, but the sheer sugar overload is almost gritty. I still prefer my tried-and-true recipe from Land O'Lakes, with or without the raspberry swirl.
--------------------------------------------
On the Minnesota front...
The upper midwest's representin' on Project Runway! Christopher and Ra'mon live in the Twin Cities. This was my first time watching Project Runway, and I enjoyed it immensely. That Tim Gunn's a hoot.

Also, good news from the ELCA's big meeting in Minneapolis.

No comments: