Wednesday, March 18, 2009

spring fever

Off the needles and back from a lovely weekend in Michigan...
Pattern: Opera Scarf, by Deb Peterson
Yarn: The Plucky Knitter, merino/cashmere/nylon sport weight, Grace Kelly / Rear Window (Plucky Classics), 1 skein (250 yards)
Needles: Clover US 9 bamboo straights

Notes:
Once again, this is the perfect knit night pattern -- just one pattern row that's easy to remember, with great results. I perhaps could have used just a titch more yarn, but that's the way it goes.
---------------------------
I'm disappointed that I didn't make it to Madison to see the Yarn Harlot and meet Sarah of Plucky Knitter fame (look at Peaknit's gorgeous pics!), but I had my own weekend of knitting fun. My knitting circle headed to Michigan, rented a gorgeous inn, drank plenty of sangria and mimosas, went for long walks, and knit our hearts out.

Here's a photo of a few of us on the beach, including my Just Enough Ruffles scarf and Anemoi mittens in action:
---------------------------
I finished up my textured shawl quite a while back (I'm woefully behind on FO blocking, photos, and posts). It now lives on the back of my desk chair, and I wrap up in it while I'm typing away at ye olde dissertation.
Pattern: Textured Shawl recipe, by Orlane
Yarn: Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool, Golden (#44), 5.5 skeins
Needles: Clover US 6 bamboo circs
Finished Measurements: 74" wingspan, 36" length
Notes:
I substituted YO for M1L and M1R since I hate doing make-1s. I cast on 7 stitches.

Row 1: K2, YO, K1, YO, K1, YO, K1, YO K2.
I don’t love the edge this produces, but I can live with it.

The textured pattern is a 2 st repeat. Since there’s an odd number of sts on each side of the center st, I fudged this a bit:

Row 1 of textured pattern (with edge):
K2, YO, K1, textured pattern to center st, YO, K1, YO, K1, textured pattern to last 2 sts, YO, K2.

I added a lot of extra rows and pattern repeats:

20 rows st st

20 rows textured pattern

20 rows st st

16 rows textured pattern

20 rows stst

6 rows textured pattern

20 rows stst

16 rows textured pattern

20 rows stst

4 rows textured pattern

28 rows garter

---------------------------
Kylie's butt apparently makes the perfect pillow for Capricha.

No comments: