Thursday, February 05, 2009

Pretty in Pink

Yeah, I'm one of the last to jump on the cowl bandwagon. I always thought they'd mess up my hair too much. But it has been a long, cold winter, so I'm willing to try just about anything that purports to keep you cozy and warm. Guess what? I love it! Like the neck gators that we used to wear skiing, but much posher and nicer. This one's a gift, but I just wound some Plucky Knitter yarn for one for me.
Pattern: Cherry Garcia, by Adrian Bizilia
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Chunky, 1.5 skeins
Needles: Clover US 10.5 bamboo circs

Notes:
Great pattern, easy to knit. I might try a different cast-on more well-suited to ribbing next time.
-----------------------
More on the Blago front...

Second City just opened a new show: "Rod Blagojevich, Superstar," a 70s-style rock opera featuring everyone's favorite ex-governor. I'm so there. This has the potential to be even funnier than Hamlet 2. More info from NPR.
-----------------------
On the design front...

Target is unveiling a line of budget-conscious housewares, office storage, and clothes by Orla Kiely, one of my favorite designers. Hurray!

No comments: