Monday, December 15, 2008

a cookie a day...

The Christmas knitting isn't done yet, but I took a break from it during an especially stressful point last week. I picked up the Malabrigo cowl neck sweater that has been languishing shamefully in a corner since last March:Half-done with the second sleeve... This is a minor triumph since I procrastinate knitting sleeves. I have no fewer than 3 sweater bodies that just need sleeves. Perhaps I should start knitting sweater vests? Unfortunately I think they'd be rather unflattering. What has really helped me this time is thinking of the sleeves as mini-scarves.
I picked up some Malabrigo for another Just Enough Ruffles scarf. This one's destined for my MIL, who requested an apple green scarf. Now Malabrigo calls this color "apple green." My internal color-ometer is going off, though -- it seems more like an acid green. Any thoughts? What springs to mind when you think of apple green?

The tree's going up tonight, and I have big plans in the baking department. In December 2006, I posted a cookie recipe a day from the 15th through 24th. How about a trip down memory lane?

Dec. 15, 2006: my German great-grandmother's Pfefferneusse recipe

Capricha in her standard winter pose

No comments: