Saturday, April 26, 2008

FO: Kanoko Pants

Done and dusted! A very fun knit, but the finished project is a little bit odd. All the Ravelry pictures that show them in use are very cute, though.
Project Details

Pattern: Kanoko Pants, by Yumiko Sakurai
Yarn: Lion Brand Cotton-Ease, Terra Cotta, 1.25 skeins
Needles: US 5 bamboo 16" circs and DPNs

Notes:
I forgot to bring the pattern to knitting night on Wednesday, so I decided just to wing the stitch pattern on the legs. My memory is better than I thought, as they turned out pretty close to the pattern!

I knit an i-cord instead of a crochet chain for the drawstring (crochet's not my strong suit, even just a chain). A cute ribbon might be a better way to go, or just inserting an elastic waistband.

The top half of the pants could maybe use a few more rows for length. I have trouble seeing a diapered baby bottom fitting in there!
----------------------------------
Here's a shot of a Brea Bag in progress. That Norah Gaughan is a genius! I'm using Cascade 220 doubled, and it's so nice to knit with good old-fashioned sticky wool again, rather than all the somewhat yucky superwash and cotton blends I've been knitting of late.
----------------------------------
The Colin Meloy show was great! We managed to get very close to the stage. :-) For me the highlight was "The Engine Driver." He played "O Valencia!" as if he were tiring of it (alas... star-crossed lovers are always my favorite). The tour CD ("Colin Meloy Sings Live") is nicely done; I was not impressed with his Sam Cook covers EP, though. The Park West is a marvelous place to see a show -- good acoustics, climate-controlled, very civilized.

No comments: