Saturday, April 12, 2008

FO: Green Guernsey

Pattern: Organic Guernsey, by f. pea
Yarn: Knit Picks Swish Superwash ~ "Dublin"~ 2 balls
Needles: US 4 & US 6

Modifications: I knit this in a slightly thinner yarn than the recommended Blue Sky Organic Cotton; I went up a size to compensate for the smaller gauge. Seed stitch instead of ribbing on the hems. As written, the sleeves seemed awfully long, so I shortened them a bit. 2 buttons instead of 3. Easy little project. Next time I would futz with the raglan increases to get the lines to look neater. Also, the instructions at the beginning are a little unclear re: the stitch patterns. I think I figured it out, though.
Recipes that get the thumbs-up chez Caffeinated Yarn:
- Giant Ginger Cookies, from Everyday Food
- Almond-Crusted Goat Cheese Salad with Raspberry Dressing
Makes lots of dressing -- could do a half batch of the dressing.
- Lettuce, Orange, and Pecan Salad
I subbed almonds for pecans. Still delicious!

No comments: