Sunday, January 06, 2008

Last FO of 2007

Woodsy Baby Vest
Pattern: a heavily modified version of the Oz Vest
(from Lousia Harding's Natural Knits for Babies and Moms)

Size: 6 months
Yarn: Cider Moon Glacier, Ren Faire, less than 1 skein
Needles: Clover US4 & US5 bamboo circs (16")

Notes: I converted this to be knit in the round and switched to stockinette stitch for the body. I enlarged the V-neck and armholes; I eliminated the button holes for the shoulder and worked a 3-needle bind-off/join for both shoulders. Overall I'm pretty happy with it. The area where I joined the garter stitch edging for the neck turned out a little wonky. It still needs to be washed and blocked.

This is a great way to really show off hand-dyed superwash yarn. Do you guys have any other favorite non-sock patterns for these kinds of yarns?

No comments: