Monday, November 26, 2007

on the mend

Many, many thanks to all of you who left such thoughtful comments on my last post. Knitters are the nicest people! I have good news to report: Kylie's labwork came back A-OK, and she seems much better. She's still sneezing, but no longer suffering from her earlier (best left undescribed) ailments. Our vet actually called us on Thanksgiving!

Here she is at one of her favorite tasks: squeezing herself into spaces that are perfectly Kylie-sized.Capricha was also quite pleased that we skipped our trip to MN and stayed home with the kitties instead. It was odd not to celebrate with our family, but thoughtful friends included us in their festivities at the last minute.
Much progress was made on my Leaf Lace Scarf. Knitting scarves with sock-weight yarns is a slow task. At least the chart is easy to read and memorize; I can watch a movie while working on it.
The color is hard to capture on film during these grey November days. Here's another shot:
Both of my Christmas cacti have buds this year, which pleases me to no end. Last year I ended up with St. Patrick's Day cacti.

No comments: