Thursday, November 08, 2007

holiday crafting

By now most of you have probably heard of the fabulous project at Sew, Mama, Sew! Beth is posting links to great holiday crafting projects every day of November. I've been ever-so-impressed.

Here's an inspiration for holiday crafting that I'm currently entertaining:

Garnet Hill is selling this very cute handmade hats and mittens Advent calendar banner. Now I'm not much for Advent-themed decor, but I do like wintry hats and mittens. This would be very cute with, say, the initials of each family member/pet done in duplicate stitch. And it would be a great way to use up some scrap yarn. Or some of my many balls of pill-tastic Patons Classic Merino, which is great for knitting but craptastic when it comes to wearing.

I knit just one Korknisse last year; this time I'm aiming for many, many more. All using Patons Classic Merino, of course. :-)

The new Knitty surprises? FABULOUS!!!

Nothing makes me happier than a knitting project with a classical theme. Juno Regina, you will be mine. Oblique is quite nice, too.

A full knitting update will have to wait for later, as blogger ate my photos this morning. Bad blogger... no donut.

No comments: