1) getting out of the city for a day at Starved Rock State Park
2) spring is really here
3) discovering a bar with a very provocative title at Starved Rock Lodge
4) cruising along on my June Carter socks
5) enjoying a Leinenkugel's Berry Weiss, the true marker of spring for me. What can I say? I lived in Wisconsin for many years. This used to be a seasonal brew, and I would count down the days until its spring release. Blackberries, honey, and wheat , mmm...
6) having tickets to Ben Gibbard's solo show tomorrow night. :-)
7) discovering really cute free patterns at Susan B Anderson's blog (Ms. Itty Batty Hats herself), such as Elefante.
8) finding a lovely pattern for some darling cotton slippers over at the SockPixie blog.
9) planning for this:
10) the BBC miniseries version of Elizabeth Gaskell's Wives and Daughters. Beautifully adapted, beautifully acted, right up there with the BBC Pride and Prejudice. Highly recommended.
1) waking up to city workers trimming trees with chainsaws and running the chipper at 6 am; consequently developing a headache that lasts all day
2) spending too much time and energy on this fiddly little baby bootie that looks an awful lot like a moon boot
Pattern: Christine's Baby Booties
Needles: painful little size 1s
Do I even bother making a second one?
3) the movie version of Rebecca directed by Alfred Hitchcock.
4) The Owl and Moon Cafe, by Jo-Ann Mapson. The author (or implied author, what have you) adopts a condescending tone to her characters that just TURNS ME OFF. I have a feeling that she feels the same way about the reader. There's also a very strange attitude towards academia. Not recommended in any way.