Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Back from Boulder

The Colorado trip was fabulous. Picnicking, hiking, making mojitos, visiting a goat farm/dairy, catching up with old friends, playing sheepshead, what more could you want? Maybe a yarn shop visit, but there just wasn't enough time.

A young goat at Haystack Mountain Goat Dairy.
BTW, their applewood smoked chevre is quite delicious.

Ouzel Falls, Rocky Mountain National Park

There's still some snow left up in the Rocky Mountains.

Paul and I taking a breather from hiking at Ouzel Falls.

I knit away at my Donyale Socks over the weekend, with not too many inches to show for it. I'll spare you the photos. I did manage to come away with very blue hands, though!

Startitis set in, so now there are some Waterloose Socks in progress. The yarn is Cider Moon's Glacier again, in the "Magnolia" colorway. The subtle feather and fan pattern will benefit greatly from blocking!

11 comments:

Mia said...

Snow looks nice on a day when it is over 90. It looks like you had fun though. And socks are addictive aren't they?

peaknits said...

I love your socks - I will have to try this pattern. I'm so excited with the Cidermoon - awe-some! In Wisconsin we are plenty cold come fll - so I think I'll knit on - thanks for your feedback on my socks!

Micki said...

Oh, my darling Colorado! It looks like you had a great time.

Laura said...

That chevre sounds delish! And I love that colorway of Glacier. Ah, Glacier. Quickly becoming my Favorite Yarn Ever.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jodi,
I love the sock, it is beautiful. I may have to try those!

Chris said...

Gorgeous pictures! Sounds like you had a good trip. And love how the Glacier is knitting up!

Sharon said...

Love Boulder - they have a wonderful independent bookstore. Hope you got up to Estes Park, to the Chautauqua or at least a walk through the campus. Almost makes me want to pack up and move.

kaetrn said...

the socks are lovely...i really like those colors! thanks for sharing colorado pics- so we can all live vicariously through you!

J said...

I really like the colors in the yarn that you're using for the socks. And CO looks beautiful. I'm hoping we'll get out there sometime since it's right next to KS. Off course, we have to drive across this big ol' state! :) Maybe for vacation next summer. If the gas prices ever go down. Are you teaching this summer at all, or just working on the dissertation?

Knitting Bandit said...

Cool waterfal picture. I like your socks. I'm anxious to try that Cider Moon. It's so pretty.

Jana said...

Applewood smoked chevre? That sounds really, really good!