Monday, March 19, 2007

the drinking of the green

Green tea, that is. Sadly I missed out on the green beer and the green Chicago River while I was away on my knitting retreat this weekend. I couldn't resist busting out the shamrock teapot for a belated use, though. The white crocheted tablecloth is courtesy of my mother. It reminds me a bit of something that the old dears in Arsenic and Old Lace would have used. Not exactly my style, but it looked a little Irish to me.

The retreat was a lot of fun -- plenty of cooking, movies, baking, walks, and, of course, knitting.
a second Cider Moon Campfire Sock in progress

the back of the Rainy Day Sweater from Miss Bea's Rainy Day (cutest pattern book ever), which will eventually look like this:
It's hard to see in this photo, but there's lovely applied cable trim along the cuffs and hem of the sweater. I'm using RYC Cashsoft Baby DK. I enjoy knitting with it, but it seems awfully stretchy, and it's a pain to bind off for some mysterious reason.

progress on the Smurfy guy scarf, too

Back to the grading...

7 comments:

Chris said...

Retreats are fun! Your "smurf" scarf is lovely. You were one of my contest winners - I'm emailing people in the order they were selected, so they can pick prizes, so look for an email from me sometime tomorrow. Thanks for playing!

Anonymous said...

I've never been on a knitting retreat, but the idea sure is intriguing to me!

Christy said...

Busy, busy. I'm interested to see how that little sweater turns out. Sounds cute but it's hard for me to picture exactly what the finished object will look like.

Jodi said...

You add the cabled trim after the rest of the sweater is done and assembled. The cabled trim runs along the length of the hems at a 90 degree angle. Hard to explain!

Leah said...

That smurf scarf is too much! Very cool!!

Glad the retreat was such fun!

Anonymous said...

your smurfy guy scarf is Bright! wow. takes me back to all those saturday morning memories of Brainy and Smurfettee and....

Austysmum said...

What a cute scarf! The pattern is divine. I like the colour too. Just popped in to say I just saw the scarf you made for ISE3 and wanted to commend you on the fantastic job! It is stunning!!