Tuesday, September 26, 2006

knitters tea swap shopping

I started shopping for my knitters tea swap pal, and it was a lot of fun. We have pretty similar taste, which makes life much easier. It's great to be bold and pick out new teas and treats! It gives you license for a little more experimentation than usual, and I feel fine about choosing things that are a little nicer than I would usually buy.

I discovered a new Trader Joe's product today -- green tea baking mix (for muffins or quick bread). I bought one for me and one for my pal. I'll try to make mine first to see if it's any good!

I picked up a replacement set of Clover size 9 bamboo needles(to make up for the ones confiscated in Italy) at the rather ghetto Hancock Fabrics over on Ashland, and I was amazed to see that they were only $4.49! What a steal...

The multidirectional scarf for my International Scarf Exchange pal is going well. I'm using a subtle Noro silk garden colorway. I'll post some pics later.

2 comments:

Mia said...

Now, I need to go to Trader Joe's to find the new mixes.... Please post after you try your mix. I will be curious about it.

Jana said...

My in-laws have a Trader Joes near where they live and they always bring us the best stuff from there. A few times they've brought us the cornbread mix and I think it's excellent. I use it to make cornbread stuffing at Thanksgiving and it's so good!